Updated

Updated at least twice a week! (best catchphrase EVER)

2013/03/08

More Rumi

"
Advice does not help lovers!
They are not the kind of mountain stream you can build a dam across.
An intellectual doesn't know what the drunk is feeling!
Don't try to figure what those lost inside love will do next.

Life freezes if it doesn't get a taste of this almond cake of love.
The stars come up spinning every night, bewildered in love.
Without love, they'd grow tired with revolving!
They'd say, 'how long do we have to DO this?'

God picks up the reed-flute of the world and blows.
Each note is a need coming through one of us, a passion, a longing, a pain.
Remember the lips where the wind breath originated, and let your note be clear.
Don't try to end it.
Be your note
Go up on the roof at night in this city of the soul.
Let EVERYONE climb their roofs and sing.
Sing loud!
"
Yeah, I totally cried on the bus home reading this.  When Rumi speaks of lovers, he's not talking about two people in love (necessarily).  He's speaking of someone who is in love with their life's work.  And to each their own, these passions come to us, as he said, uniquely and without thought, they just are.  So don't try to rationalize, just feel it and sing.  Go do whatever makes you feel happy.  You are but one member in a chorus of lovers.  Do not fear doing wrong.  Dissonance and resolution are all part of that most natural of all melodies.  Of this, I am certain.

"
In the early morning hour, just before dawn, lover and beloved wake and take a drink of water.
She asks, 'do you love me or yourself more?  Really, tell the absolute truth.'
He says, 'there is nothing left of me.  I am a ruby held up to the sunrise.  A stone by itself, yes, but the light of the sunrise shines through it and affects the entire world around it with redness.
The ruby and the sunrise are one.  The whole world is one.
My love, our closeness is this: anywhere you put your foot, feel me in the firmness under you.'
"
And then he got laid.  No seriously, Rumi talks about it in great detail.  Rumi may have been incredibly wise, but he was a lecherous old drunk like many men of his time and place.  Thus is the world?  Being stuck in between, I'm on the outside of this cosmic game.  I don't desire to play (it can be quite a dreadful game), but I do desire to see what it is I'm missing-- the joy shining through the players' eyes.  Other than that, I just wanted to reiterate one is all and all is one.  Everything is connected.  FMA, Cloud Atlas, Rumi, The Mask, no matter which way this message hits you best, find some way to realize it and hold onto that happy thought, motherfucker.

"
What was in that candle's light that opened and consumed me so quickly?
Come back, my friend!
My soul heard something from your soul.
I drank the water from your spring and felt the current take me.
"
As I was saying, hold onto that happy thought, motherfucker.  It's like an impossibly real dream.  It is the taste of the lips of the great reed-blower.  And we are all the sugar cane that has miraculously become the reed blessed to make music.

No comments:

Post a Comment